Pointing the way to Jesus - the only true Lighthouse in these dark hours of earth's history.

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Simply Beautiful

As a teenage woman in today's society, I, like anyone, find the pull to the world rather strong. Makeup, jewelry, fashion - it's like a magnet. And often times it makes me feel so left out, so different, so strange to be different. Sometimes it even makes me feel unattractive. But I'm reminded again and again that our adornment isn't to be outward, but inward. If our inward adornment comes first, then everyone will see something different about us. I hope for any of my sisters that struggle with these same problems this song will be an inspiration.

~Simply Beautiful~

Sittin’ in a crowd, the silence is so loud
The difference can’t be explained
The girls in their array keep on staring my way
And silently I sit in pain
But then I hear a voice calling me and say
You’re beautiful in every way

Chorus
You’re beautiful, simply beautiful
The twinkle in your eyes lights a million hearts each night
You’re beautiful, simply beautiful
Without the world’s array you live pure in God’s way
And that makes you beautiful

Sitting in a church the heart inside me hurts
With everything I’ve got I kneel and pray
“Lord You see in me, the sins that no one sees
How do I get through each day?”
But then I hear His voice calling me and say
I will strengthen you in every way

(Repeat Chorus)

And finally comes the day I’m dressed in my array
I’m waiting inside my room
Anticipation builds, the nervousness I feel
As I’m waiting for my groom
And as I walk down the aisle I hear him say
“You’re beautiful to me in every way”

(Repeat Chorus)

No comments:

Post a Comment