Pointing the way to Jesus - the only true Lighthouse in these dark hours of earth's history.

Thursday, March 26, 2009

For the greatest sinner

"For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God."

We all sin, we all fall, and I've come to realise this a lot lately in my own life... but there's always help for us when we do fall. I hope you'll all find some encouragement in these words.

"None are so low, so corrupt and vile, that they cannot find in Jesus, who died for them, strength, purity, and righteousness, if they will put away their sins, cease their course of iniquity, and turn with full purpose of heart to the living God." 2T 453

"We shall often have to bow down and weep at the feet of Jesus because of our shortcomings and mistakes, but we are not to be discouraged. Even if we are overcome by the enemy, we are not cast off, not forsaken and rejected of God. No; Christ is at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us." SC 64

"Satan may whisper, 'You are too great a sinner for Christ to save.' While you acknowledge that you are indeed sinful and unworthy, you may meet the tempter with the cry, 'By virtue of the atonement, I claim Christ as my Saviour. I trust not to my own merits, but to the precious blood of Jesus, which cleanses me." SD 224

No comments:

Post a Comment